Winter is coming. Even though the winters in Dallas aren’t necessarily as harsh as, let’s say, the winters in the Northeast (thank goodness), we still need to ensure we check off some home maintenance tasks before the weather outside starts to get cold. Tasks involving your roof should be on that list — mainly for the purpose of proper protection.
In this blog post, we’ll go over the roof-related chores you should accomplish for your home before the winter season is in full swing. If you feel uncomfortable performing any of these roofing tasks, don’t be afraid to reach out to our team of professional roofers at Hometown Roofing in Dallas. We offer both residential and commercial roofing services to the Dallas community, including emergency roof repair, roof installation and more! We’d be more than happy to help you make your roof winter-proof. Contact us today to get started.
Here are some roofing duties you should put on your “Prepare For Winter” checklist as a homeowner:
Complete These Before Winter…
There are tasks you should keep in mind both before and during winter when it comes to your roof. Below, we’ve listed the most important ones you should complete before winter is officially here.
- Clean out any leaves or debris from your home’s gutter system. If you notice that your gutter system needs any repairs or needs to be replaced, now is the best time to do so.
- Look for any missing or damaged shingles. If you notice any shingles are buckling, blistering or curling, this is an issue. Now is the time to repair these, as they’re essential to keeping your roof safe and secure.
- Make sure there is no rust on your flashing. If there is, do what is necessary to remove it. While you’re at it, eliminate any moss or algae growth if you notice these harmful substances.
- Trim any overgrown tree branches. These can become a hazard when inclement winter weather makes its way to town.
Once Winter Hits
Now that you know what you need to do before Dec. 21, here are some maintenance tips for how to keep your roof in tip-top condition during the winter season.
- If it snows (for some strange reason), remove it from your roof immediately. Although it’s a pretty sight, snow is unideal for our roofs if it sits too long, as it can freeze overnight or become too heavy for our delicate Dallas rooftops.
- After any inclement weather hits, take a quick peek to ensure everything is working as it should be. Wind, ice and rain are less than ideal. The sooner you fix a problem, the less likely it will worsen over time.
If you experience any issues during the fall or winter, give our team at Hometown Roofing a call. It’d be our pleasure to assist you with any roofing issues you may have as the seasons start to change.
Choose Hometown Roofing as Your Dallas Roofer
We understand unless you’re especially handy, it can be difficult to perform these roofing tasks by yourself. That’s why you should hire our team of professional roofers in Dallas at Hometown Roofing, LLC. We can make sure your roof is ready to go before any cold weather hits, and we can also perform any roof repair or roof replacement services you may require.
With nearly 35 years of experience under our belts, we know what it takes to provide you with the best looking and most functional roof on the block. We’re known in the Dallas community for our high-quality craftsmanship and excellent customer service.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a roofing service or for a free roof inspection. You can reach us by calling (888) 798-2917 or by filling out our form online.