As a homeowner, it’s in your best interest to have your roof inspected annually. This is a preventative maintenance job that will help you to extend the life expectancy of your roof and save money on future costly repairs. At Hometown Roofing, we offer a free roof inspection for all prospective clients. Contact us today for more information.
Hire A Professional For Your Next Roof Inspection
You have a couple of options when it comes to performing an inspection: You can either hire a professional or do it yourself. However, before you choose to go the DIY route, it’s important to be informed about what you’re looking for. We recommend hiring a professional team that will get the job done correctly the first time.
A thorough inspection should include the following tasks:
- Checking for cracked caulk, rusty flashing, buckled or blistered shingles.
- Checking for shingles that are broken or missing.
- Checking for cracked or deteriorating rubber boots around vent pipes.
- Assessing damaged or missing chimney caps.
- Checking for overgrowth of lichen, moss, or black algae stains, as these can point to structural decay within the roof.
- For asphalt tiled roofs: Searching for colored grit in your gutters. This is a sign your roof’s shingles have aged past the point of usability and are in need of replacement.
Some of these problems, like missing or broken shingles, can be easily remedied at home without professional intervention. However, for more complicated and time-consuming repairs, it’s best to hire a professional. We service all roofs in Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Richardson and surrounding areas — get a free roof inspection today.