Our Dallas Roof Repair Services: Missing/Broken Shingles
Without regular maintenance, there is no way of knowing if the shingles on your roof are in need of repair or replacement. Damage to floors, walls and ceilings of a home are possible consequences of improper shingle maintenance.
It is best to call a professional rather than trying to repair shingles as a DIY project. It is a dangerous job for anyone other than a qualified professional. Repair or replacement of missing shingles needs to occur as soon as possible, as the next storm or heavy rain has the potential of causing further damages, such as water-logged ceilings and walls.
At Hometown Roofing, LLC, we offer a variety of roof reparation services to the Dallas and Fort Worth area, and we are experienced with fixing and replacing roof shingles. Our team has more than 34 years of experience and we work on residential and commercial rooftops.
Contact us today to schedule a free roof inspection.
What causes your shingle(s) to disappear?
There are several factors that might cause your roof to have missing or broken shingles, including the following:
- Harsh wind. With enough force, strong gusts of wind can pull shingles out of your roof.
- Trauma from inclement weather conditions. Hail, rainstorms and other extreme weather conditions can weaken or break your roof’s shingles.
- The dry Dallas air. Roofs need some extent of moisture to stay safe and weatherproof.
- Deterioration and weakening over time. Over time, outside conditions and time will affect the integrity of your roof, including the materials underneath them. When the materials under your shingles give, your shingles are more prone to slipping and other damages.
What are some problems that will occur from missing shingles?
Shingles in disrepair compromise the insulation index of a home, particularly during the summer or winter months. Think of your roof as a lid for your home — a roof, lacking integrity, can allow hot air inside your home in the summer and cold air in during the winter. When your shingles break or go missing, those areas of your roof lack protection.
Here are some common problems that will arise when you have missing or broken shingles on your roof:
- Leaks. The area with the missing shingle(s) is more susceptible to leaking inside of your home.
- Structural damage. Water tends to negatively affect the foundation or structural beams of your home.
- Interior damage. When water gets into your home because it lacks protection from your roof, you might have minor or significant interior damage as an effect.
- Dry rotting. The unprotected parts of your roof with missing shingles are more inclined to get dried out.
You should replace the shingles on your roof about every 20 to 25 years, depending on their material type and the quality of the material used. Call an expert at Hometown Roofing today to fix your missing shingle problem.
Repair Or Replace?
As soon as you notice an issue with your roof, we advise you to take immediate action. If you procrastinate or wait too long to address the issue at hand, you might be signing up for more costly emergency repairs in your future.
If you’re not sure if you should patch up the missing shingle or completely replace your roof, here are a few things you should keep in mind.
- Replacing a single roofing shingle can preserve the integrity of your roof.
- More cost-effective.
- Best if only one or two shingles have been compromised.
- Best if more than one of your shingles is missing or broken, especially if there’s an entire compromised patch on your roof.
- Installation of updated, more energy-efficient and protective roof shingles.
- Unified, more aesthetically pleasing appearance of shingles.
Missing shingles often mean your roof is probably pretty old, so it might be time for a full replacement. When you have entirely new shingles, you’ll save a ton on your energy bills and your home will look like brand new again.
If you’re still unsure whether your roof requires a simple shingle repair or an entire replacement, just ask one of our experienced roofers for a free roof inspection! We’ll be more than happy to come up with a solution for you.
Choose Our Roofing Services At Hometown Roofing
Don’t take your for granted. Imagine living without one — it would be inconvenient and frustrating. If you suspect you have a roofing problem, reach out to our team of roofing experts today. We’ll inspect the problem and provide you with viable solution options.
We service the entire Dallas area, including suburbs such as Richardson, Frisco and Plano. If you are in need of any of our roofing services, please give us a call at (469) 214-3185 for a free roofing estimate. You can also fill out our online form here, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!